(15th-16th centuries). Largest leaf measures: 320 x 202 mm. (15 x 8 1/2").
All but one leaf matted. Each leaf with one to five woodcut illustrations, ALL BUT ONE LEAF WITH CONTEMPORARY HAND COLORING. Most leaves with faint browning and marginal soiling, remnants of mounting glue in some margins, one leaf with very light dampstaining in margins, other minor imperfections, but on the whole an excellent group, the condition issues all minor, especially for leaves from books expected to experience heavy use.
This group includes one leaf from each of the following books:
1. BOCK, HIERONYMUS. KREUTTERBUCH. Strassburg: Josiam Rihel, 1577. (VD16 B-6022);
2. GART DER GESUNDHEIT. Edited by Johann von Cube. [Basel : Michael Furter(?), about 1487-90]. (Goff G-101; H-8947*; ISTC ig00106500);
3. GART DER GESUNDHEIT. Edited by Johann von Cube. Augsburg: Johann Schönsperger, 15 December 1488. (GW M-09761; BMC II, 366; ISTC ig00104000);
4. MATTIOLI, PIETRO ANDREA. OPERA.. Frankfurt am Main: Ex officina Typographica Nicolai Bassae, 1598. (VD16 M-1611);
5. ROSSLIN, EUCHARIUS. KREUTERBUCH. Frankfurt am Main: Christian Egenolff, 1550. (VD16 ZV-13332). (ST16420a)
Add to Cart Price: $550.00
PJP Catalog: 78.117