(London: 1836-50). 224 x 137 mm. (8 3/4 x 5 1/2"). 16 volumes. Various editions.
FINE CONTEMPORARY FULL CALF, MOST EITHER TREE OR POLISHED CALF (see below), raised bands, spines intricately gilt in compartments, morocco labels, marbled endpapers and edges. Some works with frontispiece portraits. Front pastedowns with engraved bookplate of Edward Nicholas Hurt. A LOVELY COLLECTION--WITH VIRTUALLY NO SIGNS OF USE.
Handsomely bound, with beautifully gilt spines, and just about uniform in size, these volumes make an impressive appearance on the shelf. The six titles here include:
1) (DE SAUMAREZ, JAMES). ROSS, JOHN. "MEMOIRS AND CORRESPONDENCE OF ADMIRAL LORD DE SAUMAREZ." (1838) Two volumes. Polished calf.
2) (ELDON, JOHN, LORD CHANCELLOR). TWISS, HORACE. "THE PUBLIC AND PRIVATE LIFE OF LORD CHANCELLOR ELDON." (1844) Three volumes. Polished calf.
3) HORNER, FRANCIS. "MEMOIRS AND CORRESPONDENCE OF FRANCIS HORNER, M. P." (1843) Two volumes. Tree calf.
4) STANHOPE, PHILIP DORMER. "THE LETTERS OF PHILIP DORMER STANHOPE, EARL OF CHESTERFIELD." (1845; 1853) Five volumes. Tree calf.
5) TAYLOR, WILLIAM. "THE LIFE AND WRITINGS OF THE LATE WILLIAM TAYLOR OF NORWICH." (1843) Two volumes. Tree calf.
6) (WARD, ROBERT PLUMER). PHIPPS, EDMUND. "MEMOIRS OF THE POLITICAL AND LITERARY LIFE OF ROBERT PLUMER WARD, ESQ." (1850) Two volumes. Polished calf. (ST14728e)
Add to Cart Price: $5,500.00
PJP Catalog: Sets1.018