Browse Similar Items
(15th-16th centuries). Largest leaf measures: 335 x 210 mm. (13 1/4 x 8 1/4").
All leaves matted. Each leaf with one to five woodcut illustrations, ALL BUT ONE LEAF WITH CONTEMPORARY HAND COLORING. Most leaves with a little light browning, other minor imperfections, but an excellent group, with very appealing images, and the leaves all very clean and the condition issues all quite minor.
This group includes one leaf from each of the following books:
1. BOCK, HIERONYMUS. KREUTTERBUCH. Strassburg: Josiam Rihel, 1577. (VD16 B-6022);
2. BRUNSCHWIG, HIERONYMUS. DAS NEUWE DISTILIER BUOCH. Strassburg: Johann Gruninger, 1531. (VD16 B-8723);
3. IMAGINUM HERBARUM VIVAE. Frankfurt am Main: Christian Egenolph, 1536. (VD16 H-2196);
4. GART DER GESUNDHEIT. Edited by Johann von Cube. Basel: Michael Furter(?), about 1487-90. (Goff G-101; ISTC ig00106500);
5. LONITZER, ADAM. KREUTERBUCH. Frankfurt am Main: Christian Egenolffs seligen Erben [and] Martin Lechlern, 1577. (VD16 L-2421). (ST16419b)